Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Child Support Division


The Kane County State's Attorney's Office provides legal representation to the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services under the authority of Title IV-D of the Social Security Act and the Illinois Public Aid Code.

To receive assistance with your child support enforcement, you must sign up with HFS for the Title IV-D Program. The program can help you establish paternity, set support, modify support, extend support or file pleadings to address the nonpayment of support. By law, the Kane County State's Attorney's Office cannot intervene in a child support case if the case is not registered with HFS.

Any custodial or noncustodial parent is eligible for the Title IV-D Program regardless of the income they earn.

Do you need to set up a case?
To set up a case, click this link, download the form and follow the instructions.

Or you can call 1-800-447-4278 and HFS will send you a form.

When you have completed the form, if you live in Kane, DuPage or Lake county, mail it to:
Illinois Department of Human Services
Aurora Region
280 E. Indian Trail
Aurora, IL 60505-1733

If you live in another county, click this​ link and locate the appropriate address.

For additional information, visit the Illinois Child Support Enforcement Website, or call 1-800-447-4278 (TTY: 1-800-526-5812).

Do you have an existing case?
If you are signed up with HFS and need assistance from the Kane County State's Attorney's Office with a child support case, call (630) 232-3500 and tell the receptionist that you wish to speak to a child support paralegal about a case. The paralegals are assigned to cases alphabetically based on the noncustodial parent's last name. Ask for the extension that corresponds with the noncustodial parent's last name.


Kane County State's Attorney's Office Child Support Division
37W777 Route 38
Suite 300
St. Charles, IL 60175
Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday; closed weekends and court holidays
Telephone: (630) 232-3500​