Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Seniors and People with Disabilities

​​Seniors (anyone 60 and older) and people with disabilities between ages 18 and 59 who have been the victim of a crime -- whether the victim is you, a family member or a friend -- should first call their local police department to report the crime, even if that alleged crime took place in a nursing home.

If you suspect or witness anyone -- you, a relative, a friend, a neighbor, a coworker --​ is being abused, exploited or neglected and in imminent danger, you should immediately call 911.

 Seniors and people with disabilities also should call Senior Services Associates for assistance with adult protective services. Residents in the southern portion of Kane County (Geneva, Elburn and south) should call (630) 897-4035. Residents in the northern portion of Kane County (St. Charles and north) should call (847) 741-0404. The 24-hour toll-free number for both offices is 1-866-800-1409 (TTY 1-888-206-1327).

If you believe you were specifically targeted because you are a senior citizen or disabled, once you have talked to the police, you should call the senior and disabled advocates at the Kane County State's Attorney's Office at (630) 208-5324. Candace will help guide you through the court process.

Additional links​​​

Adult Protective Services
Illinois Department on ​Aging
Illinois Attorney General Elder Services
Illinois Attorney General Disability Rights
Illinois Attorney General Consumer Protection
Illinois Department of Human Services